Pholaco’s own design and built laminating plant enables us to apply various structural skins to our manufactured thermal products which are cut to size.
Eco-Friendly Expanded Polystyrene
Pholaco is one of the leading suppliers of expanded polystyrene in Cape Town. Our polystyrene products are light and easy to handle. Expanded polystyrene is one of the various types of polystyrene.
EPS or Expanded Polystyrene is a lightweight, rigid plastic foam insulation material produced from solid beads of polystyrene. Expansion is achieved by virtue of small amounts of pentane gas dissolved into the polystyrene base material during production. The gas expands under the action of heat, applied as steam, to form perfectly closed cells of EPS. The EPS Beads are then moulded into the required form.
Adhesive does not have an adverse effect on expanded polystyrene. The beads can thus bond easily together. Expanded polystyrene (EPS) is chiefly used for thermal insulation in pipes, cold-rooms and buildings. The product is eco-friendly as it effectively reduces the emission of toxic gases which, in turn, reduces the greenhouse gas effect.
EPS is fully compliant with good quality building materials. Moreover, it is not affected by fresh or salt water, alcohol, weak acids and alkalis, and even certain strong acids. Most of the animal fat and vegetable oils are ineffective on this type of polystyrene.
Our EPS prevents the fire from spreading out, to a significant extent. Once the source of fire is removed, the surface fire itself extinguishes. Therefore, these products are low maintenance, which we supply at large.
- It is resistant to vibration.
- It is ideal for insulation.
- Expansive polystyrene can be recycled.
- Expanded polystyrene products are free of HCFC and CTC whereby they are chemically harmless.
- Polystyrene wards off bacteria and mildew. It is known for durability and it’s non- corrosive properties.
- The product is highly compatible with high quality acrylic PVA. Brush and spray paint can be applied on polystyrene products efficiently.